New mission! The Sekou HERO Charity Run has raised $7K for charity so far. Next up? Back on my Feet!
During the pandemic, I started running … and I never stopped. Since June 1, 2021, I’ve been running every single day, at least a mile a day. In the process, I’ve racked up more than 1,000 miles, raised more than $7,000 dollars for more than 10 different causes, returned several lost items, and logged runs in 12 different cities. And, yes, I’m still going. Want to help? Let’s do this! See my birthday mission below. Also, follow my hashtag across all social media (#sekouherocharityrun).
With YOUR help, I will be running in the 2022 New York City Marathon while raising money for Back on My Feet, a nonprofit organization that helps the unhoused community through the power of running and community support. To give you an idea of the impact your donation could have:
- $30 could provide a member with spring running gear
- $50 could provide a member with winter running gear
- $100 could provide a member the ability to celebrate with BoMF family during the year
- $250 could provide a member race fees, incentives to reach certain mileage milestones
- $500 could provide a member with education and job assistance
- $1,000 could cover most professional certifications so our members can find work
Thank you for your support!
Be your own HERO.