Very few know my personal history and why Back On My Feet hits close to home. Please help me help these amazing people in this amazing way.....
Thank you for taking the time to visit my fundraising page! I am excited to let yall know that I will be running in the 2022 Boston Marathon. I am blessed to have been chosen out of many applicants to run for an amazing charity..... Back on My Feet (BoMF): an organization that combats homelessness through the power of running, community support, and essential employment and housing resources. I heard about them years ago watching a documentary around the same time I first started running. I already knew how healing mentally running was, at least for me. It also moved me because My Mom and I went through some tough times when I was very young which led us to be homeless for a couple of years. Although everyone's experience is different and can be more or less severe, and dangerous the hopeless feeling, and vibes are pretty common and can be debilitating. Running has proven to break through some of the struggles.. This charity has a strong history of actually working and making a huge difference. Runners look around you..... BoMF runners are all over cities running, smiling, healing.. Please help me help them. It sounds cliche but no amount is too small and will be appreciated..
To give you an idea of the impact your donation could have:
- $30 could provide a member with spring running gear
- $50 could provide a member with winter running gear
- $100 could provide a member the ability to celebrate with BoMF family during the year
- $250 could provide a member race fees, incentives to reach certain mileage milestones
- $500 could provide a member with education and job assistance
- $1,000 could cover most professional certifications so our members can find work
Thank you for your support!